Tutbury Eco Power
Tutbury Eco Power is a voluntary community group aiming to reinstate the ancient mill fleam from its present dilapidated and silted-up state to flowing water again. Once restored it will be capable of powering a 14.5kW generator using an Archimedean Screw.
They are raising funds from three sources...
- community investment (Industrial & Provident Society)
The benefits of the scheme are...
- reducing our collective carbon footprint as part of the future aim to be a carbon neutral/negative community
- shareholders will be able to invest in the scheme and therefore in both the environment and the community
- there will be an improvement to the local environment for both people and wildlife to enjoy
- the hydro plant will provide educational and visitor interest
Download the information sheet here or visit the website for latest news.